aic7880 problem talking to CD-R

Smith, Jeremy SmithJ at mps.bellhowell.com
Tue Mar 3 15:34:59 PST 1998

I had the same message with my UW when I moved from BIOS 1.25 to 1.32S4.
To correct the problem I strictly defined each of my SCSI devices in the
SCSI BIOS so that the UW would only attempt to negotiate things that the
devices were capable of doing. I found the biggest culprit was indeed
the wide neg. and that I had the problem with more than one device. You
should try making sure that you aren't letting the SCSI Host Adapter
request a configuration that the devices aren't capable of handling.
---
Jeremy Smith
smithj at mps.bellhowell.com <mailto:smithj at mps.bellhowell.com>
System Administrator/
Day: (919)767-6530
PC Technician
Eve: (919)859-5690
Bell+Howell MPS

"Modesty is a quality in a lover more praised by women than liked."
Richard B. Sheridan (1751-1816)
---