Adaptec Fast-Wide & IBM DHFS Drive

yuri mironoff yuri at buster.rgti.com
Sun Sep 28 11:18:06 PDT 1997

> > > I picked up an OEM version of an IBM DFHS S4W drive (aka UltraStar XP);
> > > built for Apple.  It's a fast wide single-ended drive, 7200rpm., 4.1GB
> > > capacity.  A screamer, but it absolutely refuses to work if tagged
> > > queueing is enabled in the driver.

  This may be kinda vague but I had a similar problem with an IBM DFMS
drive - timeouts, etc. I found my answer in some SCSI FAQ on the IBM
web site. Its been a long time - but from what I remember one section
of a FAQ said something about installing their drives under unix systems.
The gist of it was to disable one of the negotiation option jumpers on
the drive itself - I dont remember what it was but I think the option
name started with "Initiate ...". Check it out it may be worth it, since
the drive wouldn't work properly without this.

				Luck,

				Y.