More timeout problems :(

Alex garbanzo at hooked.net
Mon Sep 15 15:58:56 PDT 1997

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Doug Ledford wrote:

> Alex's message didn't include the firmware revision on the Quantum TM3200S
> drive, but if it's revision 300X, that's the buggy revision that reliably
> locks the SCSI bus under certain load patterns.  In that case, I strongly
> recommend the firmware revision 301B, which is unofficial but does great
> amounts of good on those Quantum Tempest 3.2GB drives.  The firmware itself
> and the tool to download the firmware can be found on Leonard Zubkoff's site
> www.dandelion.com.  I think it may be under the BusLogic SCSI driver
> section, but I'm not sure.

Well, I canabalized another computer to get a working floppy drive, made a
boot disk and all, booted to dos 5.0 with the aspi8dos.sys from my EZ-SCSI
disk, and the firmware update thingy errored out on me.  Said it couldn't
download the firmware I think.  I did try specifing scsi id 0, same
results.  Is there any way to do this outside of dos?

- alex