More timeout problems :(

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Sun Sep 14 20:50:06 PDT 1997

--------

> > Alex's message didn't include the firmware revision on the Quantum TM3200S
> > drive, but if it's revision 300X, that's the buggy revision that reliably
> > locks the SCSI bus under certain load patterns.  In that case, I strongly
> > recommend the firmware revision 301B, which is unofficial but does great
> > amounts of good on those Quantum Tempest 3.2GB drives.  The firmware itself
> > and the tool to download the firmware can be found on Leonard Zubkoff's site
> > www.dandelion.com.  I think it may be under the BusLogic SCSI driver
> > section, but I'm not sure.
>
> Rev 300N.  Is that buggy too?

Well, if I'm right that your drive is a Fireball Tempest 3.2GB SCSI drive
from Quantum, then I would guess that the older revision of the firmware on
your drive is suspect.  If I were you, and my drive analysis is correct,
then I would upgrade the firmware.

* Doug Ledford                      *   Unix, Novell, Dos, Windows 3.x,     *
* dledford at dialnet.net    873-DIAL  *     WfW, Windows 95 & NT Technician   *
*   Springfield, MO and surrounding * Usenet news, e-mail and shell account.*
*   communities.  Sign-up online at * Web page creation and hosting, other  *
*   873-9000 V.34                   * services available, call for info.    *