AHA-2940 Ultra/Ultra Wide

Leonard N. Zubkoff lnz at dandelion.com
Mon Sep 15 09:32:25 PDT 1997

  Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 06:40:44 -0500
  From: Doug Ledford <dledford at dialnet.net>

  I'm not aware of any problems with Stratus class Fireball firmware, but I
  haven't tested any of those myself.  Justin, I thought you mentioned having
  some of these you were working with.  If so, has the firmware proven to be
  decent on those?  Have you done your normal try to break the drive testing
  on this class of Quantum drive Leonard?

The Stratus definitely needs firmware 0F0C to work respectably.  In theory,
that alone was supposed to fix any problems with tagged queuing, but I've had a
couple of reports from people with multiple Stratus drives that had to also
limit the queue depth to 7 for reliable operation.  I tested a single drive
with 0F0C for a day or so, but that doesn't prove anything if there are
problems with multiple drives.

		Leonard