More timeout problems :(

Alex garbanzo at hooked.net
Sun Sep 14 19:30:31 PDT 1997

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:

> I think the Lightning has problems with tagged queueing.  If you
> send too many commands to it, it generates QUEUE FULL responses
> to the initiator.

The Lightning has my /usr/home partition and nothing else, and the only
thing off that partition I was running was the making of kde, which I've
done before. *shrug*.  As I said, this is the first time that the ahc
driver has given me trouble, and _both_ drives were timing out, the cd
with an inactive audio cd in it wasn't doing anything.

> > > How's your bus terminated?
> >
> > <jumper termination>-<sd1>-<aic>-<sd0>-<cd0>-<jumper termination>
>
> I'd suggest using sd0 to terminate the bus, as you're more
> likely to get active termination, rather than passive from
> your CD-ROM.
>
> > I know the cd is terminated, and am fairly sure about the Lightning as
> > when I added it, I had a lot of cable trouble, and I've run make world at
> > least 5 times.  If all else fails I guess I'll be stuck with my venerable
> > aha-1542.
>
> You can always disable tagged queueing for the ahc driver if you
> continue to have problems.

How much of a performance penalty will that be?

- alex