Adaptec driver broken on 2740T

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at plutotech.com
Sun Sep 7 16:26:34 PDT 1997

>All,
>
>I have bad news.  The adaptec aic7xxx driver in Linux 2.0.31-pre-9 is
>broken for my EISA bus 2740T controller.  It seems to scan the drives on
>bus A properly, then goes into an endless loop of kernel paging errors and
>scsi resets when attempting to scan bus B (which has nothing on it, BTW).

I know that the sequencer still supports the 274XT cards as I have a
2742T in one of my own machines and have tested the FreeBSD driver there.
I actually run most of the time with bus A empty, but I'll split my two
drives on that machine again later tonight to ensure that both channels
function correctly.

--
Justin T. Gibbs