Adaptec driver broken on 2740T

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch at ibm.net
Sun Sep 7 16:02:56 PDT 1997

All,

I have bad news.  The adaptec aic7xxx driver in Linux 2.0.31-pre-9 is
broken for my EISA bus 2740T controller.  It seems to scan the drives on
bus A properly, then goes into an endless loop of kernel paging errors and
scsi resets when attempting to scan bus B (which has nothing on it, BTW).

I reverted back to the older driver to test other aspects of pre-9 (looks
fine so far..).

You certainly don't want this driver included as-is in the final 2.0.31
release, though.

Regards,

Steve

p.s. - Doug, Dan, et al.  I'll be glad to test anything you care to throw
at me in an effort to clear this up.  FWIW, the driver is just fine on a
built-in 2940W.