Bug in aic7xxx.c (Linux 2.1.51)

Leslie F. Donaldson donaldlf at cs.rose-hulman.edu
Tue Sep 2 07:03:10 PDT 1997

Hello,
  I am reporting a bug in refrence to the aic7xxx driver contained in Linux
2.1.51.
Compile Failuere.
  Platform :  Axp
  Kernel:     2.1.51

  Routine aic_outsb
  Problem:
    The routine aic_outsb contains refrences to (registers ?) %esi, %ecx, %eax.
  These (registers ?) appear to be intel only registers. Sorry about
   not includeding a patch but I am still learning the GNU assembly
  language. Could (and when) the patch is created for this small problem
  .. Could someone forward it to me please. I am currently supporting a different
  driver in the kernel and I noticed it suffers from the same problem.
  Thanks a lot,

  Leslie Donaldson

/----------------------------\ Current Contractor: Oxford International
\----------------------------/ Current Email  : donaldlf at cs.rose-hulman.edu
Goth Code V1.1: GoCS$$ TYg(T6,T9) B11Bk!^1 C6b-- P0(1,7) M+ a24 n--- b++:+
                H6'11" g m---- w+ r+++ D--~!% h+ s10 k+++ R-- Ssw LusCA++