slight problem

Steve Przepiora gear at wind.greyfox.org
Mon Sep 1 19:43:27 PDT 1997

well, to let you know ive been very busy lately ( havnt we all :) i tried
you patch, along with the new pre7 kernel, it took me a while to work out
other bugs, with the ne.o driver, but after that, its all working, heres
whats going on now :)

again, this is only when playing audio cd's, and i havn't tried another
application yet, im looking for some others now, because this is probably
unfair to use just one cd-player to test this..

I pop in the cd, press play, and it starts right up, this is an
improvement :) but i still get the same behaviour ( randomly )when doing
anything else, fast forward, rewind, eject and stop.

heres proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0:
  AIC7XXX_RESET_DELAY    : 15
  AIC7XXX_TAGGED_QUEUEING: Disabled
  AIC7XXX_PAGE_ENABLE    : Disabled
  AIC7XXX_PROC_STATS     : Enabled

Adapter Configuration:
          SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AIC-7850 SCSI host adapter
                        (AIC-785x chipset)
              Host Bus: Single
               Base IO: 0xe000
        Base IO Memory: 0xf3800000
                   IRQ: 12
                  SCBs: Used 1, HW 3, Page 3
            Interrupts: 309
         Serial EEPROM: False
  Extended Translation: Disabled
        SCSI Bus Reset: Enabled
            Ultra SCSI: Disabled
     Target Disconnect: Enabled

heres part of kern.log this gets logged only when it hangs:

Sep  1 18:39:43 gear kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid
357, scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0 Prevent/Allow Medium Removal 00 00 00
00 00
Sep  1 18:39:54 gear kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid
357, scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0 Prevent/Allow Medium Removal 00 00 00
00 00
Sep  1 18:39:54 gear kernel: SCSI host 0 abort (pid 357) timed out -
resetting
Sep  1 18:39:54 gear kernel: SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.