AHA-2930?

Daniel M. Eischen deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org
Thu Aug 14 14:31:39 PDT 1997

> I was recently given a pair of PCI SCSI controllers sold by NEC that are
> quite clearly labeled as "Adaptec AHA-2930".  They appear to use an
> Adaptec 7885 chip (which is physically much smaller than an AIC-7880).
> Windows NT detects it as an 2940-type card, and it works quite well.
>
> Adaptec states that they will give me no information concerning the
> card, as it is a special deal with NEC.  Noone at NEC that I've been
> able to find has a clue.
>
> I am interested in the difference between this card and the more
> mainstream 29xx-type products?  Is this a reduced function version of
> the 2940, or is it something else?  Can anyone shed any light?

Add the PCI device IDs to the driver and the PCI code, plug the card
in and see if it works ;-).

Sounds like it should work, possibly without any problems at all
as long as you modify the PCI device IDs so the chip will be
found.

Sounds like it could be an 7860-class with ability to add a RAIDport
(seen advertised, but no idea what kind of chip it is).

Dan Eischen
deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org