mouse and keyboard fail to work with xorg-server-1.20.11_3,1

From: Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 14:00:55 UTC
So, I made the mistake of updating firefox today, which resulted in a
forced installation of xorg-server-1.20.11_3,1.

Unfortunately, neither the keyboard nor the mouse worked, even after I
pkg installed xf86-input-keyboard-1.9.0_4 and xf86-input-mouse-1.9.3_3.

Luckily, I had a full backup of /usr/local which I could restore to
get a working Xorg.

Still, it seems rather strange that both the keyboard and mouse
stopped working even after I installed the supposedly relevant
drivers.

Or maybe those aren't the correct drivers?

So, does anyone know what I have to do to get a working keyboard and
mouse with the new xorg-server?

--
Gary Jennejohn