Re: Wi-Fi: netif restart wlan0: name resolution: resolvconf.conf(5)

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 10:35:32 UTC
On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 07:22:48PM +0100, Graham Perrin wrote:
> On 11/09/2022 13:36, Graham Perrin wrote:
> > % grep -v \#/etc/resolvconf.conf
> > %
>
> To clarify: the file exists, it comprises lines that are commented out
> (mostly, lines that are used only in static environments).
>
> The name resolution problem was with DHCP.

Right -- re-connecting (e.g., via "service netif restart wlan0") should
be starting "dhclient wlan0".

Because I (also) needed to re-populate my ipfw rules when I get a new
DHCP lease, I cobbled up a /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks script; while I was
there anyway, I put in some code at that point to make /etc/resolv.conf
"sane" (by whatever passes for my standards).

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
"In my administration, I'm going to enforce all laws concerning the

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.