Re: Intel iwlwifi driver & firmware update in CURRENT

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 23:14:00 UTC
On Mon, 16 May 2022, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hi,

> I've just comitted an iwlwifi driver and firmware update which should
> get us close to matching what Linux 5.18 will ship (modulo FreeBSD
> specific adjustments -- which are by now less than 400 lines of
> changes on shared files).
>
> I've tried in my dev tree mostly (not much on top of a plain main)
> with slightly mixed results:
>
> the 8xxx -- nothing has changed, the problem remains
> AX200 -- one works one get a stuck queue + driver triggered NMI firmware dump
> AX210 -- works
>
> The problem with "losing beacons" after making it to RUN (UP) the
> first time remains even with the latest firmware but was one of the drivers
> to move forward to latest-public so we have a better chance of getting
> things debugged and possibly fixed.
>
> The MFC timer is set to be 3 days but it'll more likely be 2 weeks,
> so if you are on stable, there's 4 changes to cherry-pick if you are
> accepting the risk.

I've only had 1 feedback privately this week.  I assume everyone is
excited with 13.1-R ;-)

In case you give this a try please drop me an email, also if the
status-quo hasn't changed.  It would be good to hear before MFCing
everything.

Thanks and a blssed weekend and week ahead to everyone,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7