iwlwifi/LinuxKPI 802.11 update

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:30:13 UTC
Hi,

as you may have noticed I've just pushed a few changes into main which
I hope will solve some of the problems people have been seeing with
stability.

Everyone running HEAD:  it would be great to see if these commits help you.
There are still more rough edges to sort out and probably some cases
I could not test/reproduce but piling more up isn't helpful.

For eveyone on stable/13:  I'll try to get all other changes (before
today) moerged to stable/13 and will merge these in 3-ish days as
well.  You could always cherry-pick them manually yourself.  Let me
know if you would want to and need help for that.

Things I noticed:

(a) if you think you "cannot connect" it might be that wpa_supplicant
     managed to associate but not authorize.  I have that once in a while.
     Check your wpa_supplicant logs (possibly increase the log level).

     Usually triggering a successful scan (I often have to try twice):
       ifconfig wlan0 scan
       ifconfig wlan0 scan
     will then DTRT for me and on 2nd attempt authorizing will work.

    If wpa_supplicant decided to disable the network temporary
    (wpa_cli list_networks will tell) you can disable / enable
    the network to unblock that as well.

(b) ifconfig wlanX down / up needs some state to clear as well
    to work better.  I'll look into that probably Thursday along
    with hw_restart so that we can recover from firmware crashes
    if general state got better now.

Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7