Re: [Guide] Fast & Stable WiFi with wifibox on FreeBSD

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 22:00:48 UTC

--0-752670536-1659909266=:68830

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022, Páli Gábor wrote:

Hi,

> Le mer. 27 juil. 2022 à 17:21, Jonathan Vasquez <jon@xyinn.org> a écrit :
>> I've written a new "quick" guide on getting Wifibox running on 13.1-STABLE (while we wait for the native iwlwifi driver to be fully implemented and stable, thanks Bjoern :D!)
>
> This solution was proven to be working with MediaTek MT7921K, Qualcomm
> Atheros QCA6174, and also Realtek RTL8821CE.  Bjoern's work in the
> rtw88 area will probably take care of this last one, but I am not
> aware of any on-going project for improving on Atheros and providing
> support for MediaTek.  Also, there is no plan to support FreeBSD 12
> for iwlwifi (as far as I know), while I can make it work with the help
> of Wifibox.

Does it work on FreeBSD 12?  I cannot rememember if we merged the
passthru fixes for bhyve all the way there?

As for the other drivers (Mediatek, Realtek rtw89, ...) I do have cards
and I'll hopefully give you an update beyond that before/around EuroBSDCon.
Until then I'll likely be too busy with other things.

Lots of joy!
Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7
--0-752670536-1659909266=:68830--