Re: rtw88 import to main

From: Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko_at_ambrisko.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 16:07:05 UTC
On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 12:32:40AM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
| I've just pushed Realtek's rtw88 driver into the tree along with
| firmware to support it and man pages.  Station mode only.

	[snip]

| CAVEAT-1:  if you have more than 4GB of main memory, the driver will
| likely fail to load firmware or work.  Sounds silly these days but hey.

	[snip]

Another potential hack with the 4GB limit is to use bhyve for the
wireless connectivity and then everything else outside.  It's
also handy to limit crashes, backtraces etc. to bhyve and not the
host.

I've thought of a suspend/resume laptop hack is stop bhyve on
on suspend and then restart it on resume.  Then we don't need
suspend/resume support in the driver.

Thanks,

Doug A.