RE: bhyve NVMe 1.4 support

From: <jason_at_tubnor.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 03:00:30 UTC

This version looks good. No regression on the following guest platforms under 14.0-CURRENT:

OpenBSD 6.9 - NVMe read/write OK
Windows 10 - NVMe read/write OK
Windows Server 2022 - NVMe read/write OK
Alma Linux 8.5 - NVMe read/write OK
FreeBSD 13.0 - NVMe read/write OK

From a storage presentation layer in a production perspective, I can't find any issues with the proposed update to pci_nvme.c

Some of our tests included:

The removal and addition of partitions on the NVMe presentation layer
Installation of all the operating system listed above
Where supported by the guest operating system, the TRIM command executed on the presentation layer and guest rebooted to ensure no data corruption was caused by TRIM

Cheers,

Jason.