Re: ure no longer creates ue0 interface?

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 09:37:53 UTC
On 1/27/23 18:59, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on the honeycomb (arm64) my ure adapter no longer creates an ue0
> interface at boot (at least when compiled into the kernel).
>
> I tried to do a reset on the xhci controller and on the device itself
> using usbconfig but nada.  The device was visible and powered on.
>
> In the end I walked to the machine pulled the dongle out and put it back
> in (possibly into another slot) which then helped.
>
> It has since only once lost link which I could fix on the console again.
>

> This is something I hadn't seen with the same dongle on the same machine.
> I have to admit the previous kernel was half a year old (for other reasons
> of tracking other arm64 bugs down) but had already included all the changes
> I ended up putting into dwc3/xhci/.. in the last half year.
>
> I am wondering if anything else (apart from the link-state mii problem)
> is currently known before going to spend more time on this (even though
> with dpni I don't need the dongle anymore).
>
> /bz

Hi,

The output from "sudo usbconfig" and "sudo dmesg" might sched some more
clues into this. Maybe the XHCI controller halted somehow.

It might also be a USB device problem, that firmware crashed/paniced!

Sometimes you need to reset the "root-HUB" ugenX.1, to get things back
and working again.

--HPS