Re: u-boot debug, was: Re: U-boot on RPI3, sees disk but won't boot it

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 16:38:04 UTC
On 2022-Sep-29, at 08:19, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> There is now a transcript of a successful hands-off boot at
> http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi3/u-boot/u-boot-debug-pelorus-success-log
>
> The text "152d" appears only in three places. The first, somewhat early,
> is a block of text containing the words "unhandled device class", which
> seems suspicious. However, the string is isolated, not a device ID.
>
> The other two are long after mass storage discovery completed and name
> both Sabrent and JMicron.
>
> I'll try to gather a few more examples.

FYI:

Building based on the latest patch-common_usb__storage.c
that I sent (by itself) would avoid the huge number of
sequences like:

usb_read: udev 0

usb_read: dev 0 startblk 40, blccnt 1 buffer 38098000
read10: start 40 blocks 1
COMMAND phase
DATA phase
STATUS phase
usb_read: end startblk 41, blccnt 1 buffer 38098200

and make the log files much smaller. Any other messages
from usb_storage.c would still still be present.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com