Re: u-boot debug, was: Re: U-boot on RPI3, sees disk but won't boot it

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 06:59:16 UTC
On 2022-Sep-28, at 22:41, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> I've put the full output from a failed (no storage
> device found) attempt at
> http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi3/u-boot/u-boot-debug-log
>
> The obvious error message is:
> Cannot enable port 1 after 5 retries, disabling port.
> Nothing about device 152d.

The RPi3B has 5 USB ports for devices, one being internal
that is tied to the EtherNet port if I remember correctly.
It also has a root hub,6 six overall.

Your failure log is about failing to get the root
hub working --which in turn blocks all the other
ports form being accessible.

> Tomorrow I'll try to capture a complete log of a
> successful boot for comparison. The boot success
> rate is so far is 7 in 9 or 10, depending on how
> one counts.

I'd also recommend recording a bunch of failures
and seeing what wort of variety exists in the
details of them.

FYI: My log shows a Root Hub Port 1 status
sequence: 511, 511, 503. Yours: 311, 311,
(5 times:) 301. So it looks like what the
status encoding is and what the implications
are.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com