[committers-guide] Problem with stubborn string

From: Fernando_Apesteguía <fernape_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 06:54:58 UTC
Hi there,

I'm having some trouble with a string in the committers guide. While
translating in Weblate, there was some clear error since there was
this string shown in the original as:

====== Time to update When it is time to bring in a new version, it is...

Apparently that doesn't cause any problems rendering the English
version of the document, but the translated versions show the heading
and the paragraph in the same style as if everything is a heading
(bold font, etc).

I committed a change to have two different strings:

https://cgit.freebsd.org/doc/commit/?id=fb40f7a6d80b21aa0da2d2ed43c9e9051b3e3f8b

Now in Weblate we have a string with the text:

====== Time to update

and then the paragraph:

When it is time to bring in a new version, it is almost the same...

I translated both of them.

Now, the problem is that when I try to execute translate.sh, the .po
file that is generated has everything again in a single line:

msgid ""
"====== Time to update When it is time to bring in a new version, it is "
"almost the same as w/o the branches.  You would update like you would above, "
"but there is one extra command before you update, and one after.  The "
"following assumes you are starting with an unmodified tree.  It is important "
"to start rebasing operations with a clean tree (Git requires this)."

and then the doc is not rendered properly. The English original is ok,
with two separated strings though.

Any ideas what's happening here?

Thanks!