Re: Build of 14 on 13 creates a file which needs libdialog.so.9

From: Garrett Wollman <wollman_at_bimajority.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 13:55:07 UTC
<<On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:09:03 +0000, Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> said:

> Possibly what I am doing is not supported, but I am a bit surprised as my
> usual upgrade procedure is to build on one machine and then either NSF mount,
> or rsync, the files to the boxes on which I wish to install them.

This absolutely works, but only so long as all of the clients are
running the same release as your build machine _was_ running during
the most recent buildworld.  I ran into this recently during our
upgrade from 12.4 to 13.2, which saw a security update released while
we were in the middle of rollout: I had to roll back /usr/src and
/usr/obj to the 13.2-p1 state, roll out all the clients, and then I
could (re)compile 13.2-p2 and deploy that -- by which point 13.2-p3
had come out, but by then we were over the hump.

I think it's a bug in installworld that it depends on binaries from
the build environment rather than the execution environment.

-GAWollman