Re: git: 43741377b143 - main - security/openssl: Security update to 1.1.1n

From: Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt_at_burggraben.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 21:31:21 UTC
## Mark Johnston (markj@freebsd.org):

> > The primary difference is that I've never used ccache and
> > did not try to do so here. The "zfs pool is a single disk,
> > no raid, mirror or anything fancy" is accurate, as is the
> > use of ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS= .

That's basically my setup: "single-SSD zpool, good amout of RAM,
well-hung Intel CPU (8 cores, +hyperthreading active), no ccache,
ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS=yes, 2 builders (more than 2 to 4 builders makes
the build go slower)".

> I still am not able to reproduce it.  I think it's indeed a concurrency
> problem, and I found a possible culprit.  Mark or Thomas, if you're able
> to build a new kernel from the releng/13.0 branch and test it, could you
> please try this patch?

I'm running that right now, building some 300+ ports (firefox on an
empty repository). If that works, I'll report back tomorrow morning
(CEST) and retry the same with a plain releng/13.0 kernel (which
should fail, at least it failed very reliably before I backed out
the zfs-related ENs).

Regards,
Christoph

--