Re: ipmi0: Watchdog set returned 0xc0 (releng_13)

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 23:19:01 UTC
On 15.09.2021 15:52, mike tancsa wrote:
> On 9/15/2021 3:49 PM, Alexander Motin wrote:
>>> On RELENG_12 as of today, I still have the issue on a X11SCL-F board.
>> What issues do you have there exactly?
>
> Oh, sorry, this constant spew to dmesg
>
> ipmi0: Watchdog set returned 0xc0
> ipmi0: Watchdog set returned 0xc0
> ipmi0: Watchdog set returned 0xc0
> ipmi0: Watchdog set returned 0xc0
> ipmi0: Watchdog set returned 0xc0
>
> The initial attach looks as
>
> ipmi0: <IPMI System Interface> port 0xca2,0xca3 on acpi0
> ipmi0: KCS mode found at io 0xca2 on acpi
> ipmi0: IPMI device rev. 1, firmware rev. 1.73, version 2.0, device
> support mask 0xbf
> ipmi0: Number of channels 2
> ipmi0: Attached watchdog
> ipmi0: Establishing power cycle handler

Status 0xc0 means "Node Busy. Command could not be processed because
command processing resources are temporarily unavailable.".  Some
sources propose command retrial after delay, but considering it is
reported regularly I suppose it won't help.

Have you tried to reset the BMC, for example with `ipmitool mc reset
cold`, may be it unstuck that "Busy"?

--
Alexander Motin