Re: serial, basic stuff

From: Dag-Erling_Smørgrav <des_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 09:32:00 UTC
Jon Clausen <freebsd-questions@ymmv.dk> writes:
> In the meantime I realised that there is at least one complication with my
> idea of "the simple setup" (where jh05:port0 <-> jh06:port0)
>
> On both systems getty is already 'listening' on ttyu0.

Yes, because both systems have a serial console enabled on port 0, so
you need to use port 1 to dial out (to port 0 on the other end), or
disable the serial console on either or both (add `console="vidconsole"`
to /etc/loader.conf, make sure you don't have `-D`, `-P`, or `-h` in
/boot.config or /boot/config) and make sure getty is running on port 1
instead (change `onifconsole` to `on` on the ttyu1 line in /etc/ttys).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@FreeBSD.org