Re: Implementing a kexec()-style system call for FreeBSD 14 to boot a Linux kernel directly from FreeBSD.

From: infoomatic <infoomatic_at_gmx.at>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 22:24:57 UTC
On 08.04.24 22:49, Mario Marietto wrote:

> It was built for Orbis (based on FreeBSD 9) ; a very old FreeBSD
> version. But I'm intrigued by the idea to update the code and make it
> work for a recent version of FreeBSD. It would be cool to "boot a Linux
> kernel directly from FreeBSD"...Any consideration ?

The great thing about open source is that everyone can do what she or he
likes. However, I do believe that you will not find more than 10 users
for your software.

If you already have the knowledge to do kernel programming or if you
want a project to gain deeper knowledge and hands-on practice I suggest
you contribute to the bhyve hypervisor - your work there would surely be
highly appreciated and many more users would profit from your work.

Regards,
Robert