Re: List managers [Was: Link usability]

From: Ian Smith <smithi_at_nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 05:28:16 UTC
On 22 March 2023 6:22:09 am AEDT, possessor.assizer305@aceecat.org wrote:
 > On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 07:49:11PM +1100, Ian Smith wrote:
 >
 > > Ah, right.  Yet another consequence of the regressive move from
 > > mailman plus pipermail to mlmmj is loss of clickable links in the
 > > archived messages.  Duh!

I guess (mark / copy / new tab / paste / go) instead of one click isn't too heavy, if it's only now and again ...

 > Out of curiosity, what was the rationale for the move?

I wasn't there, and have only seen similar comments to Pete Wright's, plus some issues building both old and new versions with clashing directories (ono), and non- specific references to security issue/s,

 > My opinion:
 > Mailman has its warts but it's ubiquitous and well suited for
 > a world where almost everything has to be done in the browser
 > for $REASONS.

Hopefully the reason wasn't just that a newer version existed and the older one had quit working after xteen years.