Re: pkg upgrade vs building from source

From: Pat Maddox <pat_at_patmaddox.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 22:33:41 UTC
Do you use pkg only, or do you have a mix of ports and packages? I ask because you mention going back to ports and it working… my understanding is generally you want to use ports xor pkg, not mix them.

Also you might consider using latest pkg instead of quarterly, as it’s going to be more current and thus have any fixes that might not be in quarterly yet.

But if you are mixing ports and pkg, I would start there. It’s possible you have pretty recent ports, mixed with old-ish (quarterly) pkg, and that could certainly cause issues.

Pat