Re: OT: Strange interaction between NIC, SSD and motherboard

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf_at_riseup.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 01:22:37 UTC
On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 16:54:52 -0700, David Christensen wrote:
>Have you tested the power supply with a hardware power supply tester?
>[snip]
>If you disconnect everything from the motherboard except for [snip]

A step to do before David's suggestions is to stay with everything
connected and taking a look at the voltage monitoring of the BIOS.

> CMOS [snip]

Apropos BIOS, most of the times when my PCs suffered from Voodoo,
replacing the battery stopped the spell. There were no battery
warnings, no loss of the time or any similar expected signs, but
unexpected effects happened, e.g. the graphics seemed to be borked. When
replacing the battery, the whole CMOS thingy gets reset. By replacing
the battery you might kill two birds with one stone. For the reset it's
not required to replace the battery ;). However, when I replaced the
battery I often got rid of strange issues. The issues were solved
by the new batteries and/or by resetting the CMOS thingy. I don't know
what actually solved the issues.