Re: OT: Strange interaction between NIC, SSD and motherboard

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf_at_riseup.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 07:00:27 UTC
On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 00:56:44 -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
>I mean exactly that (it will not hold in a good cable... I also needed
>to replace the cable because it's clips had broken)

Hi,

If replacing the connector isn't an option, since it might be too time
consuming work to remove the mobo for soldering and/or soldering a
multi-layer board is too tricky or for any other reason, how about hot
glue? Hot glue is good in fixing plugs and sockets and it's easy to
remove without leaving behind deposits. Probably once a year it's useful
to renew the hot glue connection. While it's often claimed that hot
glue is resistant to UV-light, in my experiences hot glue does fix
connections in closed cases forever, but does lose adhesion outside of
cases soon or later, but not too soon. IOW I guess most hot
glue is not light-resistent.

Regards,
Ralf