Re: iocage template question.

From: Norman Gray <gray_at_nxg.name>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:17:31 UTC
Doug, hello.

On 17 Aug 2022, at 1:12, doug wrote:

> I have several jails a few of which come from a template. Is there a
> way of telling which jails are based on a given template?

There may be a clever way within iocage itself, but if you do

     % zfs get -o name,value -r origin tank/iocage

(where tank/iocage is the root dataset that iocage is using), then
you'll see the 'origin' of each filesystem used by iocage

There, you might see

     tank/iocage/jsils/JAIL1/root
tank/iocage/templates/TEMPLATE1/root@JAIL1
     tank/iocage/templates/TEMPLATE1/root
tank/iocage/releases/13.1-RELEASE/root@TEMPLATE1

...showing that JAIL1's /root is a clone of TEMPLATE1 at the snapshot
@JAIL, and that that that template is a clone of the release at the
snapshot @TEMPLATE1.

So that, slightly indirectly, indicates the sequence of iocage jail
creation.

Best wishes,

Norman

--