Re: poudriere options

From: M. Mader <mma_at_darktemple.ch>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 15:38:44 UTC
Am 6. Dezember 2021 16:05:17 MEZ schrieb Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>:
>Le 06/12/2021 à 09:50:36-0500, Dan Langille a écrit
>
>Hi,
>

>> > I run poudriere with some jail, with differents options.
>> >
>> > I would like to know the best way to save that options, currently I use
>> > pourdriere options to set those options but that's are not very convenient
>> > to backup in puppet/ansible-kind tools.
>> >
>> > Is they are any way to set poudriere jail options in other way ?
>>
>> Can you give us an example of the options you want to save please?
>>

>Two examples,
>
>  1/ I run icinga2 for monitoring my services and use
>
>      net-mgmt/monitoring-plugins
>
>  for that. I need to «custom» that ports options because by default I'm
>  missing LDAP, MYSQL, PGSQL
>
>  Well this one are easy because I just need to add those tree options.
>
>  2/ I run also www/rt5, with that I need the option
>
>    www/rt5 -> I need few options but most important I use AP_MODPERL
>    instead of the default.
>
>    thats mean I also need (at least)
>
>    OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=MODPERL
>
>    for www/p5-HTML-Mason
>
>So it's not a big deal to do that for one jail, but with time I'm going to
>forget I need those options.
>
>Currently what I do is when I create a new jail (for a new version of
>FreeBSD), I redo the pourdiere options, and check if it's ok with
>
>  diff -r old-jail-options-dir new-jail-options-dir
>
>something not only boring but prone to error.
>
>Regards
>
>--
>Albert SHIH
>Observatoire de Paris
>France
>Heure local/Local time:
>lun. 06 déc. 2021 15:56:40 CET

You can set these options on a per package. And in the case of poudriere even per jail.
Meaning that you only have to copy the separate files containing those options around.
I've never actually set up puppet, but I imagine that would be possible with puppet.

Sadly I'm not on my computer, so I can't tell you reliably where to put those files.

But either:
man poudriere
Or
man poudriere-options
should answer that.

It's the equivalent of setting options for pkg somewhere in /var/db/pkg/

I'm terribly sorry for the vague answer. But I found out how to do it just by reading poudriere's manpages, so everyone else should be able to do so, since I'm usually not the sharpest tool in the shed ;)