Re: poudriere options

From: Albert Shih <Albert.Shih_at_obspm.fr>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 15:05:17 UTC
Le 06/12/2021 à 09:50:36-0500, Dan Langille a écrit

Hi,

> > I run poudriere with some jail, with differents options.
> >
> > I would like to know the best way to save that options, currently I use
> > pourdriere options to set those options but that's are not very convenient
> > to backup in puppet/ansible-kind tools.
> >
> > Is they are any way to set poudriere jail options in other way ?
>
> Can you give us an example of the options you want to save please?

Two examples,

  1/ I run icinga2 for monitoring my services and use

      net-mgmt/monitoring-plugins

  for that. I need to «custom» that ports options because by default I'm
  missing LDAP, MYSQL, PGSQL

  Well this one are easy because I just need to add those tree options.

  2/ I run also www/rt5, with that I need the option

    www/rt5 -> I need few options but most important I use AP_MODPERL
    instead of the default.

    thats mean I also need (at least)

    OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=MODPERL

    for www/p5-HTML-Mason

So it's not a big deal to do that for one jail, but with time I'm going to
forget I need those options.

Currently what I do is when I create a new jail (for a new version of
FreeBSD), I redo the pourdiere options, and check if it's ok with

  diff -r old-jail-options-dir new-jail-options-dir

something not only boring but prone to error.

Regards

--
Albert SHIH
Observatoire de Paris