Why do packages disappear?

From: Richard Childers <childers_at_redwoodhodling.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:39:01 UTC
I was using ungoogled-chromium and I had 60+ tabs that I can now not get
back because ungoogled-chromium has been withdrawn from circulation.

why are these packages appearing and disappearing? If it's a package,
it's supposed to be good enough to public use. The experimental stuff is
supposed to stay in the ports section, not be promoted to packages.

FreeBSD used to hold itself to a higher standard than Linux; it stood
for STABILITY. Linux stood for EXPERIMENTATION.

What happened? Is FreeBSD being run by college kids now?

The quality of FreeBSD needs to be detached from the class projects
you're working on to graduate. That's what Linux is for, in my opinion.

FreeBSD user since 1994.

~richard

=====