Fwd: [package - main-amd64-default][net/Sockets] Failed for Sockets-2.3.9.9_3 in build

From: Andrea Venturoli <ml_at_netfence.it>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 13:42:44 UTC
Hello.

I'm the maintainer of the net/Sockets port and I received this mail
about it not being able to compile on 14.

The last version of this library was published in 2013 (more than 10
years ago... no wonder it doesn't compile cleanly with a modern version
of LLVM) and while their site does not explicitly say so, I'm tempted to
think that it's abandonware.
Personally I've used it once, some 15 years ago, to develop (on FreeBSD)
what is now a legacy product that a former customer of mine moved to
Linux, so it's been a long time since I had anything to do with it at all.
AFAICT there is no consumer port either.

So the question: is there any interset for this library?
If so, I might try to fix this (but not any time soon... I guess
notbefore 14.0 is officially released).
Otherwise, I propose to drop the port.

  bye & Thanks
	av.