RE: Can someone please post a concise list of things maintainers are supposed to do?

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 14:31:07 UTC
From: Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de> wrote on
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 07:04:11 UTC :

> every time I submit a PR to update a port I maintain, I get conflicting instructions about how to fill in the PR. This is really annoying, and some committers apparently feel they will not move forward in processing the PR unless some bureaucratic bullshit is done.
>
> Can the ports team please provide a concise, definitive list on how a maintainer is supposed to fill in a port update PR, so this nonsense stops?

It might be useful to report the specific conflicting instructions
that you have received and to ask that the "definitive list" at least
resolve the specific conflicts. Otherwise the list might miss some
issues that you ran into. Right now there is no way for someone
generating a list to know up front if they have covered all your
example issues.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com