Re: plist-check not reporting orphaned files present in a @comment

From: Felix Palmen <zirias_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 18:26:34 UTC
* Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org> [20230816 20:20]:
> Looks intentional per https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/commit/?id=e15449a9eff5
>
> >    - Fix showing files installed through unselected OPTIONS as orphans,
> >      by considering "@comment file" to be ignored. [2]
> [...]
> > [2] This is a partial solution, we may still need a plist.ignore too. It
> >     doesn't make much sense to add files in main pkg-plist we don't care about,
> >     but maybe it does since you'll see and reconsider them being ignored
> >     someday. @comment is used as all the OPTION PLIST_SUB deactivations use
> >     @comment instead of something like @ignore.

Oh boy. I could have sworn it "worked" before, but this proves me wrong,
thanks for the pointer!

Yes, this is at best a partial solution. It's probably fine for options
cause there's always the case that something *is* built/installed by the
upstream build system and you still don't want to package it. It really
breaks things for my current use case though. Well, I have a workaround,
do test builds with "pre-filtered" pkg-plist.

Someone should have another look at that some day. Maybe me, haha ...

--
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de
 -- ports committer --                     {web}  http://palmen-it.de