Re: unknown flavor py37

From: Chris <portmaster_at_bsdforge.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 05:25:27 UTC
On 2022-05-26 14:41, Chris wrote:
> On 2022-05-26 14:29, Tatsuki Makino wrote:
>> Daniel Braniss wrote on 2022/05/27 00:23:
>>>
>>> sorry, my bad, it was make FLAVOR=py37
>>> and the result was
>>> ===> py37-psutil-5.9.1 Unknown flavor 'py37', possible flavors: py38.
>>>

>> Defining BUILD_ALL_PYTHON_FLAVORS is a way to unlock this restriction.
>> Perhaps it should be defined in ENV. (I don't know much about it :) )
>>
>> env BUILD_ALL_PYTHON_FLAVORS=1 make -C /usr/ports/multimedia/openshot
>> FLAVOR=py39 build
> Wouldn't make -DBUILD_ALL_PYTHON_FLAVORS ... get it?
> Or add BUILD_ALL_PYTHON_FLAVORS=true to make.conf(5) work? Even if it's only
> temporary. :-)

I just bumped into this problem after checking out a fresh ports tree and
building
a port that dependant on devel/py-doit. It complained much the same as above.
required
my performing the build with:

$ make -DBUILD_ALL_PYTHON_FLAVORS ...

So this just seems wrong. python-37 was already installed and is also still
present
in a current version of the ports tree. I know some recent changes were made
in ports/Mk
and I think something may have not been changed correctly.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Chris