Re: On what days are the git servers available to obtain the ports tree?

From: Chris <portmaster_at_bsdforge.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 21:59:28 UTC
On 2022-05-02 14:07, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> ## Chris (portmaster@bsdforge.com):
>
>> Which is the real question. Why doesn't it Just Work?
>
> Given that there are very few reports of such problems, I'd think
> that the git mirrors do in fact "Just Work" for a vast majority of
> people (it sure works for me).
> And then there's the fact that you didn't provide that much
> information: e.g. does that fail only in the jail or on the base
> system itself?; does it work from another system in the same
> network?; which mirror(s) are failing?; anything special - IPv4,
> IPv6, tunnels, not-that-excellent connection?; and that's only
> what springs to mind from the top of my head.
> Remember, you're asking for mostly volunteer's time here, and
> for (almost?) all of these volunteers there is no problem.
Fair (and good) questions! :-)
8 Systems/12 Jails OS version 12.x | 13.x
git version 2.3x
The 8 systems involved here are all (static) IPv4 bound.

While as I test now. I'm finding there are no problems (as reported)
PRIOR: it didn't matter whether jail(8) or the host. The attempts
timed out after some 5 minutes with a report of:
error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504
fatal: error reading section header 'shallow-info'

That's the best I can offer ATM.

Thanks for asking. :-)

> Regards,
> Christoph