Re: Unable to run any KDE applications

From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 06:31:48 UTC
On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 10:21 PM Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 6:58 AM Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> System was running 12.1 without issues, with a full install of KDE 5.
>>
>> Did an upgrade to 12.2.  Everything was still working.
>>
>> Did a "pkg update/pkg upgrade" to the latest quarterly ... and now no KDE
>> applications will run.  Running anything gives the following error:
>>
>> ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5: Undefined symbol
>> "_ZNSt19bad_optional_accessD1Ev"
>>

> unmangled, this is "std::bad_optional_access::~bad_optional_access()",
> so it looks like something with the libc++ you have on your system is out
> of sync with the rest (this from a short search, I don't know much more
> about that stuff ... )
>
> HTH

Aha!  That's the hint I needed.  Seems /usr/local/lib/libc++.so* was from
2014!  Installed by the libc++-208080 package.  Removing that package
appears to have fixed things.

Thanks!  I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this
out for days now.  Google searches weren't helpful, other than to point to
LLVM ABI changes, but that was all over my head (and removing all older
LLVM packages didn't help).

KDE is working again!

--
Freddie Cash