Unable to run any KDE applications

From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 05:57:30 UTC
System was running 12.1 without issues, with a full install of KDE 5.

Did an upgrade to 12.2.  Everything was still working.

Did a "pkg update/pkg upgrade" to the latest quarterly ... and now no KDE
applications will run.  Running anything gives the following error:

ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5: Undefined symbol
"_ZNSt19bad_optional_accessD1Ev"

Thinking it might be an issue with the quarterly package builds, I switched
pkg to use the latest repo.  Did a forced upgrade to make sure everything
was re-installed.  Same error.

Did an upgrade to 13.0.  Force upgraded all pkgs again.  Same error.

Manually uninstalled all KDE frameworks pkgs and installed them fresh.
Same error.

Unfortunately, even though this is running on a ZFS pool, I didn't snapshot
the /usr/local filesystem, so I can revert to a working system.  :(

Haven't tried building from the ports tree directly yet or trying to figure
out poudriere.  Hoping to avoid that if possible (been using strictly the
official binary packages for several years now).

Has anyone else come across this error message when using the latest or
quarterly KDE packages?

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com