Re: New Port: Security/liblurch & Security/Pidgin-lurch

From: Felix Palmen <zirias_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 13:33:05 UTC
* Michael A. Oshin <micadeyeye@gmail.com> [20220827 20:32]:
>                            Maybe, pidgin-lurch & liblurch go to net-im
> while libomemo etc remain in the security category.

They make sense in both categories. Maybe you could argue net-im is the
better choice for the primary category because even in context security,
you can't use this software for anything other than messaging.

Just two more quick notes on this:

1. The upstream project name is lurch, not liblurch. Avoid to name the
port differently, it might be confusing for users (and forces you to
override variables like DISTNAME, WRKSRC, etc which would be unnecessary
otherwise). Already renamed in my patches btw.

2. I didn't look at pidgin-lurch at all.

Cheers, Felix

--
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de
 -- ports committer (mentee) --            {web}  http://palmen-it.de