Re: firefox-104.0,2 crashing

From: Ronald Klop <ronald-lists_at_klop.ws>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:02:43 UTC
Hi,

What I find interesting from this mail thread and all follow up emails is that there is no indication that the original problem has anything to do with the ~/.Xauthority and /etc/hosts solution of the other person.

There can be so many causes of a signal 11.

What Nuru needs to do is run a debugger on the firefox.core file and try to get a stacktrace of the error.

From the top of my head:

$ lldb --core <path-to/firefox.core> --file /usr/local/bin/firefox
> bt

You might need to recompile firefox with DEBUG option enabled to get any sensible output of the debugger. I don't have a lot of experience debugging firefox.

NB: What version of FreeBSD are you running? Send the output of: uname -a

Regards,
Ronald.