Re: Resolved: devel/llvm13 build: "ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed"

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 02:54:17 UTC
Nuno Teixeira <eduardo_at_freebsd.org> wrote on
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 16:52:09 UTC :

> . . .
> I've tested it but it still fails:
> ---
> pid 64502 (c++), jid 7, uid 65534, was killed: failed to reclaim memory
> swap_pager: out of swap space
> ---
> on a Lenovo Legion 5, 16GB RAM and 4GB swap.
> . . .

This leaves various points unclear:

poudriere style build? Some other style?

(I'll state questions in a form generally for a poudriere style
context. Some could be converted to analogous points for other
build-styles.)

How many poudriere builders allowed (-JN) ?

/usr/local/etc/poudreire.conf :
ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS=yes in use?
ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS_PACKAGES=??? in use?
USE_TMPFS=??? With what value? Anything other that "data" or "no"?

/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf (or the like):
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=??? in use? With what value?

Is tmpfs in use such that it will use RAM+SWAP when the
used tmpfs space is large?

How much free space is available for /tmp ?

Are you using something like ( in, say, /boot/loader/conf ):

#
# Delay when persistent low free RAM leads to
# Out Of Memory killing of processes:
vm.pageout_oom_seq=120

How many FreeBSD cpus does a Lenovo Legion 5 present
in the configuration used?

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com