Re: Where are all of the packages for FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE quarterly?

From: D'Arcy Cain <darcy_at_druid.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:02:48 UTC
On 2021-09-21 6:42 a.m., Robert Clausecker wrote:
> Hi D'Arcy,
>
> The quarterly branch is on py38 as the default Python version, so
> if you want binary packages, install the py38- variants.  If you need
> Python 3.9 variants of these packages, you have to build them yourself,
> e.g. with Poudriere and suitable configuration for your set to set up
> Python 3.9 as the default version.

Is there a technical reason for such a limitation?  It seems to me that
it would be very useful to include all supported flavours.  Heck,
multiple Python versions of a python package can even be installed on
the same server if desired.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.