Re: Time ordered list of package builds

From: Mark Millard via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 03:05:40 UTC
Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com> wrote on
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 15:49:47 -0700 :

> When ports were in svn, the revision caused a listing of package builds to
> be listed in order by default, but now git hashes are used and the order
> seems effectively random.  There is no column for start time and the
> elapsed time column is blank.
>
> Is there any simple way to look at the log of recent ports builds? Seeing
> elapsed time would also be handy!

(Note: I'm no fan of the choices in various places to use names that
are based on just the hash-ids, making the names not sort in a
generally useful order.)

There are multiple places giving different information about builds
and it is not clear to me just what you are referring to.

Taking one guess initially of a sequence that might get to an
example, something like:

http://beefy12.nyi.freebsd.org

From there I click on the main-armv7-default link and it shows
a list of builds with the problems described.

But it turns out one can sometimes first look up what
build name is of interest and so be able to pick out
the desired build at this point . . .

https://pkg-status.freebsd.org has a "Package Builds" section that
has a "Started (UTC) column that is filled in and can be sorted on.
The matching Search: field can be used with text like "main-" to
pick out builds targeting main [so: 14 now]. Similarly: "130releng-"
for picking out builds targeting 13.0 .

So I find that main-armv7 had a Tue, 20 Apr 2021 03:57:20 GMT
build start for 30978 queued ports and the port/system context for
this was:

pf43705587fa6_s14d0cd722

on beefy12.

Now, with that information do the prior sequence to get to the list
of builds and then click on the link for pf43705587fa6_s14d0cd722 .

That shows sections for Built ports, Failed ports, Skipped ports,
Ignored ports, and Queued ports. The Built and Failed sections
show elapsed times. There is also a Jobs section for in-progress
ports.

It appears that this sequence sometimes only works for builds that
made it to "stopped:done:" instead of "stopped:crashed:". There are
"stopped:crashed:" builds listed at:

http://beefy12.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=main-armv7-default

but https://pkg-status.freebsd.org did not show them. "Package Builds"
does list a few "stopped:crashed:" builds for other Jails. It does
not generally list builds that are still running in "parallel_build:"
status.

But the likes of (switching to a 130releng- example):

http://beefy12.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=130releng-armv7-quarterly

will indicate "parallel_build:" and will update the Built, Failed,
Skipped, Ignored, and Remaining figures periodically for builds that
are on-going. Again one can click through and see the detailed
status, including Elapsed times for specific ports.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went