Re: XFCE4 No Longer Displaying 3rd-Party Fonts.

From: Janky Jay, III <jankyj_at_unfs.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:50:39 UTC
Hello Jan,

On 7/13/21 3:15 PM, Jan Beich wrote:
> "Janky Jay, III" <jankyj@unfs.us> writes:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>  So, I'm unsure if this is where this should go, but it did happen
>> after a recent port (pkg) upgrade of a FreeBSD 13.0 desktop system that
>> I've been running. I'd moved from "quarterly" to "latest" and got the
>> updates and now my XFCE4 desktop doesn't display any of the fonts I was
>> previously using. I only have the three basic fonts options of "Dejavu",
>> "Luxi", and "Monospace."
> Maybe related to https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pango/-/issues/386
> pango 1.42.4 -> 1.48.4 happened on 2021-05-24 which is now on /quarterly.
Holy cow! With bitmap fonts being unsupported in the 1.44 and later
releases of pango, that'll surely cause what I'm seeing. Being as I just
bumped my pkg repository to use /latest instead of /quarterly last week
and seeing this, a bigger question now is, how many people this is going
to effect now that this update has hit /quarterly? That's a huge bummer
but thank you very much for the info!

Regards,
Janky Jay, III