Re: Update of OpenLdap

From: Per olof Ljungmark <peo_at_nethead.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 08:49:49 UTC
On 8/7/21 1:24 PM, Jerry Seibert wrote:
> FreeBSD 11.4-RELEASE-p9
>
> After the recent updating of "openldap", the follow error/warning
> message is presented whenever I attempt to access the database.
>
> Aug  7 07:13:57 scorpio slapd[82175]: OTP unavailable because can't
> read/write key database /etc/opiekeys: Permission denied
>
> Everything works fine so I don't understand what the problem is or how
> to correct it, or if it even needs correction.

I have a similar problem and I think the reason is that the
openldap24-sasl-client port vanished and was merged into openldap24-client.

However, this made one of our ldap slaves stop working, I think this is
a showstopper. A switch for this is needed, in the meantime, how do we
build the client WITHOUT sasl?

20210801:
   AFFECTS: users of OpenLDAP
   AUTHOR: delphij@FreeBSD.org

   SASL is now always enabled for OpenLDAP.

   If you use portmaster:
         portmaster -o net/openldap24-client openldap-sasl-client
   If you use portupgrade:
         portupgrade -fo net/openldap24-client openldap-sasl-client
   If you use pkg with binary packages:
         pkg set -o net/openldap24-sasl-client:net/openldap24-client