Re: Update of OpenLdap

From: Carmel <carmel_ny_at_outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 09:33:49 UTC
On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:49:49 +0200, Per olof Ljungmark stated:
>On 8/7/21 1:24 PM, Jerry Seibert wrote:
>> FreeBSD 11.4-RELEASE-p9
>>
>> After the recent updating of "openldap", the follow error/warning
>> message is presented whenever I attempt to access the database.
>>
>> Aug  7 07:13:57 scorpio slapd[82175]: OTP unavailable because can't
>> read/write key database /etc/opiekeys: Permission denied
>>
>> Everything works fine so I don't understand what the problem is or
>> how to correct it, or if it even needs correction.
>>

>I have a similar problem and I think the reason is that the
>openldap24-sasl-client port vanished and was merged into
>openldap24-client.
>
>However, this made one of our ldap slaves stop working, I think this
>is a showstopper. A switch for this is needed, in the meantime, how do
>we build the client WITHOUT sasl?
>
>20210801:
>   AFFECTS: users of OpenLDAP
>   AUTHOR: delphij@FreeBSD.org
>
>   SASL is now always enabled for OpenLDAP.
>
>   If you use portmaster:
>         portmaster -o net/openldap24-client openldap-sasl-client
>   If you use portupgrade:
>         portupgrade -fo net/openldap24-client openldap-sasl-client
>   If you use pkg with binary packages:
>         pkg set -o net/openldap24-sasl-client:net/openldap24-client

I had to change the permissions on the /etc/opiekeys file to 0666 to
stop the message from repeating. I don't know if that is actually a
safe solution, but it works.

I agree with you that the change to this port was probably not well
thought out.

--
Carmel